Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Here we are back to Friday already and time for the favorite five.  Except I think that after spending yesterday in thanksgiving I prefer the thought of a Thankful Thursday. It suits my personality.  So that's when I am going to start sharing my thankful, grateful, joyful thoughts.  This week it's just going to be a day late.   



1. Receiving these beautiful flowers at the beginning of the week which had opened to perfection by yesterday.  I don't know who left them for me at work.  I only know that I was feeling a little down that day and these were a wonderful gift from God given through the kindness of a friend.  They have filled me with joy every time I have looked at them all week.







2.  I had fun hanging some new drapes in the living room this week.  I have had the same silly floral window toppers that didn't match anything in the room for YEARS.  And they were PINK flowers at that! What was I thinking?  Just too lazy to take that last step needed for completely changing this room from the cottage look I had 20 years ago.  They are nothing fancy but I do like the more traditional and calming feel they give to the room  It really is morning in this picture but there is a big storm outside at the moment and the skies are very dark.





3.  I am so proud of my mom.  She has been having a hard time with the news of my brother and has also been very depressed and weepy.  But she pulled herself together and put on her best face to come and share Thanksgiving with us.  Here she is with my daughter-in-law who brought all the wonderful snacks for the day.









 4.. Thanksgiving Day

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day filled with good food including this delicious turkey roasted to perfection.
 And wonder of wonders my son actually ate some of that said turkey.  He usually passes on the turkey.  He prefers the other foods on the table like the mashed potatos and gravy, the broccoli and rice in cheese sauce I make for him every year and the corn pudding better known as scalloped corn in some parts of the country.







But best of all was just spending the day together.  We indeed have so much to be thankful for not just on Thanksgiving Day but every day.  Blessings to all.















                                                                                 

                                                                                                            




1 comment:

  1. Your Thanksgiving feast looks VERY delicious. I would love to have your corn pudding recipe. It's wonderful to see you all together. And what a sweet surprise gift, that lovely bouquet just for you. We surely do have so much to be thankful for. Life seems to be such a mixed bag of joy and sorrow doesn't it. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete