Friday, November 14, 2014

Favorite Five

Since the news of my brother's health situation I have been battling depression.  There are days when I am able to set things aside and go about the day feeling if not happy, at least at peace.  But there are other days when the reality of his situation fills me with such desperate sadness that I can hardly put one foot in front of the other to get through the day.  One of my dearest blogger companions has a site on her blog with someone who does a favorite five things each week.  On that day she lists five favorite things from the past week, things she is grateful for or that have made her or someone else happy.  And while I don't really know enough about blogging to link to her blog I want to begin to take the time to focus on those good things that are happening in my life.  So, here is my first Friday Favorite Five List for the past week

1.  Baking a cake to celebrate the birthday of my wonderful son-in-law.

2.  Sitting in front of a toasty warm fire while the wind blew and rain came down outside.

3.  Seeing my son arrive home safely after driving all day in that same blustery wind and rain.

4.  Being surprised by, of all things, a beautiful pheasant in my own front yard as I left for work the other morning.

5.  Looking at the raindrops on the leaves of this Heavenly Bamboo bush in my front yard and remembering that the hand of God is still upon me.



2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sweet Girl, I wish that I could reach through this computer screen and give you a big hug. I love that you are focusing on the beautiful and lovely blesses of your week. It is always such a hard thing, when someone we love is suffering. I am praying for you and your brother.

    I'm sticking with God. I say it over and over again, He's all I've got left. He proves to be good to me and to all who passionately wait and diligently seek Him. It's a good thing to quietly hope for help from God. Lamentations 3:24-26
    God bless you.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are indeed some very beautiful things and a reminder that our God is the One in control and He does all only for our good. Hugs (adding mine to Connie's) and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete