It's been a number of years since I have written a Thankful Thursday Post. However with this being Thanksgiving Day, it seemed a good time to stop and think about all the little things that have made this such a lovely autumn.
1. I am in recovery from a heart ablation that was performed last week after spending some time in the emergency room for afib a few weeks earlier. Still a little weak-kneed but getting stronger everyday. All my family is out of town celebrating Thanksgiving in other places this year which has made it possible for me to just relax and recover. Good health is always something to be thankful for.
2. The heavenly scent of fresh flowers, a gift of color and beauty from a friend.
3. A brisk fall morning in the park.
4. A bowl of delicious home-made soup to warm up the heart on a chilly afternoon.
5. Precious time spent celebrating with grandchildren. It's possible some of my children may be moving out of state in the next few months so I will take every moment I can get.
6. The joy of sharing a Thanksgiving Day feast with special life long friends.
For each treasured moment imprinted on my heart I give thanks to you Lord/!