Saturday, April 30, 2022

Tulip Fields

 Last week we celebrated our anniversary with a drive up to the Skagit Valley to see the Tulip Fields.  You may recall in a previous post that we tried to make a visit to see the flowers a couple of years ago.  Unfortunately, at that time we were in the midst of Covid and so the fields were closed to the public.  We could only enjoy a country drive and admire them from afar.  


 


This year we were able to walk the tulip gardens and fields in the peak of their glory. The weather was cool but dry and there were many dozens of other families enjoying the day. Everyone is so grateful to finally be out from under restrictions! Looking out over the fields we could see the foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the distance. They were a perfect backdrop to the valley and the flower color combinations were just stunning. 

 With over three hundred thousand tulip and daffodil bulbs planted in the three acre show garden, the variety of colors and kinds seems endless.

 

















''See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.''

~~

We completed our afternoon with a meal and a yummy treat seated beside the fireplace at the local bakery restaurant in Mount Vernon. 




No need to say much in this post as the pictures say it all.  And so our lovely tour of the tulip gardens comes to an end.



 

Adieu!
 

 

 

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you were able to enjoy the fields this year! Always such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The displays are amazing. I particularly like the ones growing under the trees and the mix of daffodils and tulips. So glad that you could visit this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my favorite combination as well.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you were able to enjoy the flower fields this year. They look pretty impressive! And you are looking great too, both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! That's sweet. It was a lovely way to spend our anniversary this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! They are so beautiful!.....Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog just gets more lovely every time I visit. I have deleted my old blog of Celebrating the Reign and have rebuilt a new blog called Mary: My Mother, My Friend. I hope you get a chance to stop by and visit.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping in. I have been trying to find your new blog but have been unable to connect. I hope you will connect with me again.

      Delete