Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Baking

 My mother has always been the family baker.  I have many memories of coming home after school to the smells of fresh baked bread, apple pie or some kind of tasty cookie.  Her favorite of course, was toll house chocolate chip.  On the other hand, my dad's favorite cookie was oatmeal raisin.  For better or worse, chocolate chip tended to appear on the plate several times more often than oatmeal. Fortunately, Dad did enjoy both!  In our house my hubby is the one who really enjoys chocolate chip while I prefer other flavors.  The other day I was thinking about my dad and I was suddenly hungry for an old fashioned oatmeal cookie. I didn't fast during Lent this year,  so I whipped up a batch.  I split the batter up and made some with coconut, some with craisins, and some with chocolate chips for my sweetheart.  Yum!  There are few things more enjoyable than a freshly baked cookie still warm from the oven.


 

 In this sad and crazy world we live in right now, it is the simple  pleasures of hearth and home that help me through the days, calm in the knowledge that God is still here, he still loves us and he is still with us. May we all rest in that knowledge as we head towards Holy Week.

Adieu!


 



7 comments:

  1. Homemade cookies are so good. We always put oatmeal in our toll house recipe and nuts...lots of nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started with oatmeal and added chips. I will try making the toll house with the oats. I am sure it's delicious!

      Delete
  2. Yes, yes, yes. Such sweetness in this post. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy. It's been ages since I've baked anything at all! But you are so right, there's nothing quite so good, warm from the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your cookies sound delicious. I make gluten free chocolate chip cookies but craisens sound yummy to put in. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!

    I found you on Shayndel's blog, Challah and Cherry Blossoms. Good to meet you. I was trying to find something decent to read this morning (not the news) and the Lord led me here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well thank you for stopping by! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete