Thursday, April 21, 2022

Easter

 While our Easter Resurrection Sunday has passed, it is just beginning for my Orthodox family and friends.  However, it is interesting to note that the Easter season in the church actually lasts 50 days going from Easter Sunday to Pentecost Sunday.  This season is known as Eastertide.  So, may I just wish a Happy Eastertide to each of you!

You all know how I love to decorate for the various holidays and seasons of the year.  This year is no exception, although I have toned it down just a bit!







That love of decorating spilled over into the church where I have the pleasure of choosing and ordering the banners and paraments for the alter all year long.  With the help of others way more gifted than I am, the alter on Easter morning turned out really stunning.


 



 

 


I loved sharing Resurrection Sunday with my family.  While we missed having our daughter here, our two sons and their families were with us, and we were blessed to still be able to have my mom with us as well.


 



 

  In the afternoon after church we had an Easter egg hunt outside with the girls..



 followed by a delicious dinner inside. Rather than our traditional ham I had a nice turkey with all the fixings. It turned out perfect! Yum!



I didn't take a lot of pictures.  I was too busy enjoying this time of eucharisteo.  I pray your Easter has been or will be equally blessed.

He is Risen!

He is Risen Indeed!

 
 


* In the original language, “he gave thanks” reads “eucharisteo”. The root word of eucharisteo is “charis” meaning “grace.” Jesus took the bread and saw it as grace and gave thanks. It also holds its derivative, the Greek word “chara” meaning “joy.” Deep chara joy is found only at the table of eucharisteo- the table of thanksgiving. Ann Voskamp




4 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day! Glad you could gather and enjoy a meal together. He is risen indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blessings of family is one of the Lord's greatest gifts!

      Delete
  2. Happy Eastertide to you and your family! Serving your church in the way you do must be a joy. Your church is beautiful and especially so decorated for Easter Day. It's also a blessing to have a family gathering in the home. Thank you for sharing. "In Christ alone my hope is found". He is risen indeed, Alleluia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do enjoy honoring The Lord in the choosing of banners and alter cloths, especially at Easter time which is the most joyous time of the year.

    ReplyDelete