Saturday, October 14, 2023

Autumn Decorating

In the two weeks since we have been home we have watched the leaves on the Flame Maple quickly change from green to a beautiful mixture of red and gold, and just as quickly fall to the ground in great clumps.  I was so glad we were able to be home to enjoy the tree in its full autumn glory.


I have been busily decorating as I try to capture that wonderful feeling of autumn crispness and color throughout the inside.

The front porch




The Entry

 

The Living Room


 

I found this new autumn scene for the wall.



 New throw pillows as well.

 

The Dining Room

 

I am still trying to decide what I want to do for a centerpiece for the table.







In another week all of the leaves from the maple will be on the ground, but I will still be able to enjoy the fall colors around the neighborhood and in the house for weeks to come.  Blessings to each one who stops by.


Adieu!


 


7 comments:

  1. A beautiful season. Time moves so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And after being gone for the whole month of September it feels like Autumn has just begun. I am still trying to catch up with the season, and so I was startled the other day when I realized that Thanksgiving is just five weeks away and Advent is coming right on its heels!

      Delete
  2. I love all your gorgeous decorating both in your home and also front porch. The leaf wreath is so pretty. Of course the real leaves, the ones that sadly are falling to the ground, those I enjoy even more. It definitely is a lovely time of the year.
    I hope you have a blessed Sunday, Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. Aside from Christmas, I enjoy decorating for the fall more than any other time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Autumn delights inside and outside! Happy Fall to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking very lovely, Glo. That tree is amazing!! Reminds me of Psalm 65:11, He crowns the year with His bounty/goodness. Autumn seems to be more or less the "crown" of the year in the Old Testament and Jewish calendar, as opposed to our year which starts in January. I like to think He designed it that way, to start out with a blaze of glorious color and harvest bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour of the maple is stunning, such a shame it's so fleeting. You've done a wonderful job of bringing the colour into your home, your autumn decorating is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete