Friday, October 18, 2019

A Lakeside Drive



Yesterday after meeting a friend for breakfast I decided to take a little drive around the lake.  We have a new craft shop in town so I stopped there first to see what new things were on display.  I was expecting autumn decor but low and behold it's now Christmas! No! No! No! It's way too soon!  Remember when the Christmas decorations didn't go up until after Thanksgiving?  Needless to say, I am not ready for that, so I quickly left.






Next, I drove down to the local park.  The air was brisk and clean and I had the place to myself.  I took my very first walk by myself without a cane! Yay!!  It was just a short one but that's OK.  Thank you Lord for your blessings! 






A little group of ducks came to greet me.  No doubt checking to see if I had a treat for them.   Sorry guys. 




I was able to walk out to the end of the dock and back.  The view from there is beautiful.  I am really missing my good camera!










We brought our granddaughter to this park area to play a couple of times over the summer.  My mother just lives around the corner from here. 


I didn't stay too long as there was a storm coming in.  The wind had already blown many of the leaves down to the ground.  I loved being outside all bundled up, but I still couldn't have moved quickly enough to stay dry if it suddenly started to rain, so I slowly headed back to my car.







Once I was back in my car, I drove on around the lake until I arrived at our little village.  Here I stopped and again walked a short distance to the boat dock.  In the summer, this spot is hopping with little boats busily arriving and leaving the water, but now all was quiet.  It was a good spot to watch the clouds roll in.



 Looking across the lake from here my house would be up a hill behind the tall trees in the center of this photo.  I used to walk from there around the lake and to this spot at least once a week.  Lord willing I will again, but right now I am so happy to be able to do what I can now.




The sky was getting darker so it was time to head for home.  Autumn color is still vivid in my back yard.



even in the wind,



And inside too,



 
I finished my front entryway display.  A few little pumpkins and a couple of pine cones filled in the spaces and made it complete.  I think I like it and will enjoy having it greet me throughout the rest of the autumn season as I come into the house




 Thank you for stopping by.  May the Lord bless and keep you. Adieu!






















8 comments:

  1. Hi! How wonderful that you could go for a walk without your cane! Praise the Lord. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nancy, Thank you for stopping by. Yes, it does feel wonderful to be walking even a little bit. My doctors say it will probably be a year or more before things are truly healed but I am getting stronger every day, step by step.

      Delete
  2. You got some great fall pictures in this post. Congratulations on getting out and about and walking by yourself on your own two legs! That must feel as good as (or better than) the fall color, the rolling storm, and the warm display at home. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deb, Thank you. Autumn really is such a beautiful time of year, especially when you live in a place where there are seasons. It does feel wonderful to be walking even a little.

      Delete
  3. All those fall colors are so lovely. Lucky you to live in a place with definite seasons! From your photos it's looking cold and windy on that water. Wonderful bundle-up kind of weather. I like what you did with the pear candles display. And, most of all, congratulations on your cane-less walks. Hooray indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sara, Thank you. Yes it has been quite lovely and it felt so good to get out into the fresh air and feel independent, even if it was just for a little while. I love it when it's windy.

      Delete
  4. I am so glad to read this! What wonderful progress! I pray for continued healing for you and rejoice with you for what you can do now! Beautiful pictures also!

    ReplyDelete