Saturday, August 26, 2023

The Wedding

As I sat out on the front deck this morning, I finally had a chance to reflect on our son's wedding, which took place two days after the "phantom rehearsal dinner." So much has been happening since then.  I can post on that later, but I wanted to think about just this special day. Our daughter was able to fly out from Georgia so the whole family was present. Such a blessing!

 









 Their friends did all the flowers and decorated the tables. The scene was so beautiful!



 


As were the bride and groom!

This is my beautiful new daughter in law with all her flower girls. The girls in front on the far right and left are my granddaughters.

 

 My handsome son with his best man.  Everyone kept asking me what the sword was all about.  I didn't really know at the time, but I have since learned that in medieval times it wasn't uncommon, for the groom to kidnap his bride from a disapproving family.  So the best swordsman's job was to guard and protect the back of the groom from angry relatives before,during and after the ceremony.  Jason's friend has just the personality to really get into the spirit of things!


 

 As we listened to them say the vows they had written for each other it was clear to all that their commitment to each other and to God is true, deep and strong. There wasn't a dry eye anywhere as everyone listened to their sincerity. As a parent, I know they will face many disappointments and challenges as the years go by.  I also know they both have what it will take to build a strong and lasting life together. What a joy it was to behold. 

 I know that looking at wedding photos of people you will never meet can only hold interest for so long. So I will keep this short and say it was a wonderful Day!.

 

 

May God bless and keep them all the days of their lives.

Adieu!



 



11 comments:

  1. That looks like a beautiful wedding. Wishing them a long and happy future together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful couple and beautiful wedding!! The weather looks as if it were perfect too. You have a lovely family.
    First thing when I saw the sword I had questions...which I'm glad you answered. To bad we didn't know about that tradition when Middle Son got married, He has quite a sword collection so it would have been very apt.
    Blessings, Granny Marigold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Granny Marigold. Yes I thought the history of how the Best Man at the wedding came about was really interesting. I wish I had known the day of myself. It would have been a fun story to share at the time. My son and his friends also have sword collections and enjoy attending the local Rennaissance fairs. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful purple! Love that. I am glad he did not have to kidnap her like the olden days and you all approve of him. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! We all tried to dress in the wedding colors to compliment the Bride. I love my new DIL. She and my son both seem to bring out the best in each other..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful setting for the wedding. Everything looked so lovely. Sounds like they are having a good start to their lives together. That's fun about the sword. Glad it didn't have to come out of it's sheath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the beautiful photos. Weddings are uplifting. Blessings to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete