Sunday, August 23, 2020

A Baby Shower

Yesterday I hosted a baby shower for my daughter in our backyard.  After weeks of planning and preparing our home both inside and out, we were  concerned about the rain that had been pouring down the whole day and night before.  However, we woke up to a beautiful and perfect sunny morning!  The investigator and our sons had put up all the tents and tables the night before so my daughter-in-law and I were able to decorate in the morning.  It was my sweet daughter-in-law who made the decorations, elephants to match my daughters nursery theme.

 



 



 

 I had prepared meatballs and a variety of salads for lunch.   We also provided hand sanitizer, gloves and masks for serving, as well as all disposable serving ware...a decided sign of the times.

 

 

 The shower cake carried out our little elephant theme.

 

Some of our guests included Great-Grandma (left) our daughter's mother-in-law (second from right) and old family friends.  Our daughter's friends and co-workers were present as well.

 

 

My oldest granddaughter and her friend both decided they needed to "help" her auntie with the unwrapping.  Our daughter received some lovely gifts, including this beautiful quilt in her nursery colors made by her very gifted mother-in-law.





 

Finally, the last gift was opened, all the cake was eaten and we were able to sit back and reflect on a beautifully perfect day.

 

For this child I prayed, To love, to kiss, to hold

To cover with my prayers, To teach, to show, to mold.

Growing deeper in my heart with every passing day,

You are loved beyond tomorrow, soon we will laugh and play.

In stature you will grow showing other's our God's face

Filled now with his favor and always with his grace.

Connie Cox

 

 



 

12 comments:

  1. I’m so glad it was such a lovely day in every way! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to be able to celebrate this wonderful event and new grandchild. It looked very well organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I laugh as I think back on how many nights I spent laying awake a couple of weeks ago trying to figure out the best way to keep things safe but fun and light hearted. It really was a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deb! We missed not having you here. Hope you can safely come for a visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks beautiful! You planned well; it was worth those sleepless nights. The mother-to-be looks happy and healthy and it's wonderful family and friends could gather safely for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank Sara, Yes were were very grateful to have a golden day so we could stay safely outside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy occasion and wonderful job everyone did to make a beautiful baby shower!! How exciting!! Sweet theme and decorations!! So special to see your daughter and all the joy in the expectation of your new grandchild!! I hope and pray to one day be a grandmother!! Praise God! Many blessings and Love!!! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shayndel. Yes it was a very special day.

      Delete
  8. What beautiful photos to capture the baby shower. I love, also your bio, which made me read your blog. Loving the Lord and everything for Him - Yes.

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What kind words! Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby shower gathering must have been very special for the mother-to-be and all the guests. Your preparations helped to make it a success including the awnings. I'm glad that the weather stayed dry. We're having a family get together at the weekend before our daughter returns to home and work. It has to be in the garden or park setting so we hope for a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately I still had two awnings left over from a wedding reception that took place in our yard a number of years ago. I was also able to borrow a couple more from friends, which was very helpful. I hope you will be blessed with sunshine on the day of your family gathering.

      Delete