Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Kitty Day Care

In has been a number of years since we have had a pet in our family, but I still get my "kitty fix" from time to time when we pet sit for other family members.  This past month we watched over my daughter's kitty while she and her husband were out of town for a week.

This is Abby.  My daughter has three cats but the two boys are much younger and have a tendency to bully Abby when no one is around.  So she spent the week with us.  She knows us pretty well, as my daughter first got her as a kitten when she was still living at home.  Even so, she was a bit skittish around us for the first couple of days before settling in.  Her favorite spot was in what used to be our daughter's room and is now the guest room.  She didn't really like getting her picture taken all that much.





While she always had a bowl of fresh water in the kitchen she let it be known that she preferred her water from the tap!




She was also very good about letting me know when it was meal time.



A few days after Abby went home Kitty Number Two arrived. This is Molly.  She belongs to my mom who was visiting friends in California.  She has stayed with us on numerous occasions but it had been a while since she was here.




Molly is used to sleeping with my mom, so even though I don't really like animals on my bed, I let her be in our room.  She likes jumping on plastic bags.  So I left a shopping bag on the floor for her to play with...not so great at 5:00 in the morning!  My mom is an early riser and Molly is used to starting her day a little (actually a lot!) earlier than I am used to.


One morning she thought she heard something outside and she had to go investigate.



 Molly really didn't like getting her picture taken all that much either and would often hide whenever I brought my phone out.  However, I did manage to catch her peeking out from under the sofa.






 She returned home yesterday but will be back in a couple of weeks to stay until the beginning of the new year while my mom travels to spend the holidays with various family members over Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Meanwhile, I did a little baking this morning before heading out for lunch with a friend.  More Pumpkin muffins, yum!  Tomorrow I will bake some Cinnamon Streusel ones as well.  Then they will all go into the freezer to enjoy with fruit and coffee in the mornings, or to share with a cup of tea if a friend should stop by.


I did a little window shopping after lunch.  Still love looking at all the Fall/Thanksgiving items.








But I am also getting ready to start the process of turning my thoughts towards Advent/Christmas.  This such a lovely, festive time of year.




Next week, we will be in San Diego, hopefully enjoying a little bit of sunshine.  When we return it will be time to begin preparations for all the holiday seasons ahead.  For now though, may God richly bless all who enter here. Adieu!





6 comments:

  1. Cats really have interesting personalities. How nice of you for opening up your home for your loved ones cats. Enjoy your time in San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, I miss not having a kitty of my own, but now is not the time to be thinking of getting one full time. Meanwhile, I will enjoy having Molly around over the holidays. T

      Delete
  2. So nice of you to cat sit the furbabies! We don't have cats but a dog and she does tie us down. lots of enjoyment though. Enjoy your trip. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pet sitting is a good way of helping loved ones. They know you'll give the kitties love and attention in a home environment. Daughter and Mom have peace of mind when away on a trip. Both kitties look very sweet. Have an enjoyable trip! xxLinda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the cats know how good they have it!

    Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly has the most beautiful eyes! Reminds me of my daughter's cat. Similar temperament, too. We've had many cats over the years. Most were great, but a few were not so easy to love haha! I'm excited about Advent, too. I do love the Advent season.

    ReplyDelete