Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hot Bean Dip

My husband had a "Guys Night Out" this past weekend.  It was just a night of snacks and cards, but he needed to make a contribution to the party.  So I whipped up some Hot Bean Dip with tortilla chips to take along.  It's one of those great snacks that's quick to make and is usually a favorite on the table.  I used to make it every year for my youngest son's annual birthday sleepover.  Now he makes it himself to share with friends.

I simply cook some ground beef.



 Next, I mix it with a can of refried beans and some taco seasoning and spread it into a baking dish.


Then I take sour cream and green taco sauce and mix it together,


 And spread it over the top of the meat mixture.



Finally, I top it with grated cheddar cheese.


Then, bake in the oven and in a few minutes it's ready to go.  Serve with tortilla chips.  It's a bit messy when you spoon it out but everyone agrees, it's delicious!

PS:  I have to laugh when I see what the camera picks up.  I can see, I spilled a little bit of cheese.  That shadow of the pan was my son cooking up some chicken to make his Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas.  It was a busy night in the kitchen.

Hot Bean Dip
1 lb. xtra lean ground beef
1 can (16 oz) refried beans
2 TBSP Taco Seasoning
1 cup sour cream
1/2 bottle green taco sauce 
1 1/2  cups grated cheddar cheese

Brown the ground beef in a skillet.  Add the refried beans and taco seasoning.  Mix well and spread into a greased baking dish.  Mix together the sour cream and taco seasoning and spread over the meat mixture.  Top with grated cheese.  Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

~~~

While I was making the dip I noticed some overripe bananas on the counter.  So after everyone left for the evening I decided to bake a loaf of banana nut bread. 


I love any kind of nut bread, especially when I can enjoy it with the egg and sausage casserole I made for breakfast this weekend.  


 Now that's a tasty breakfast!  Bless this food and thank you, Lord.
Amen!  

2 comments:

  1. Amen and amen. Your food looks delicious and I'm sure it was well received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was, as everything was a family favorite.

    ReplyDelete