Monday, October 21, 2024

Autumn Moments

I have only done a little autumn decorating inside this year. 




As always, nature has made it's own decoration outside. Ablaze in red and gold, our Flaming Maple Tree was in its full glory this week.  I just love this tree, my little grocery store close out sapling I found and planted 25 years ago.  Every year, it never disappoints. It's leaves turned from green to red and gold within just a couple of weeks.






 Then, just as quickly the first autumn thunderstorm comes through with wind and slashing rain. 

Now where did I put my rake!



These perfect little droplets of water left on these leaves after the storm were captivating.




" each leaf becomes a miniature jewel box, displaying the glistening diamonds of raindrops" 

Have a blessed day!

Adieu!


 














2 comments:

  1. Wow, that tree is incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is isn't it? It was just this little 4 ft sapling when I found it outside the grocery store. I didn't even know if it would make it because our ground was so hard. However, it thrived and I just love it.

    ReplyDelete