Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Blossoming Spring

 When we left for Georgia a few weeks back our region was still wrapped in a winter chill that was keeping most signs of early Spring firmly at bay.  Now, we have arrived home to a different world.  All the trees and flowers are starting to awaken and the first jay birds are making their appearance. The bunnies are popping out of their burrows.  It won't be long before we begin to spot small flocks of robins feasting in the early morning dew on the lawn.

Usually the Tulip Festival takes place in mid April, so I was surprised and please to learn that we had not completely missed the flowers this year.  The day after we arrive home last week I called a friend and we took a quick drive up to the fields.  While we had missed the peak of the blossoms, it was still quite pretty and well worth a lovely walk through the fields and gardens.







The exquisite color combinations are always such a joy to behold. I could sit for hours and look at them.

~~~

While nothing quite so spectacular is happening in my backyard, Spring is still making its mark.

The lilacs are just beginning to open spreading their lovely perfume.



 And the creamy petals of the apple blossoms have a beauty all their own.



Spring is such a lovely time of renewal and the reawakening of the senses after the long quiet of winter.


Out in the orchard dwell wee little fairies,
      Busy with bud and with blossom at last.
See how they work with their palettes and brushes,
      Tinting the apple-trees brightly and fast

Pink and white blossoms, so dainty and fragrant
      Laden with promise of good things to come,
Softly the breezes are stealing their perfume,
      While o'er their beauty the busy bees hum.
Mary D. Brine 

 

I will be sharing the photos from our trip soon.  May the Lord bless and keep you.

Adieu!



11 comments:

  1. Wow, those tulips are a sight to behold, such vibrant jewels of colour. Your own backyard is beautiful too. There was a lilac tree in the garden when I was growing up and I had one at our old house right outside the house, when I opened the windows the perfume would waft in, I could never get enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo. This was even past the peak of the season! RoozenGarde is known around the world for their flower bulbs. I love the lilacs too. I am just an average gardener and my yard is pretty rustic but I am blessed with the mild Northwest weather which encourages plants to grow large and lush. The moss and weeds too! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking us to the beautiful tulip fields since we couldn't enjoy them in person this year. So nice that the season was extended this year. The lilac is always a treat, too. We were on your side of the mountains this past weekend and enjoyed a meal in Edmonds on Saturday with a little time on the waterfront there, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to the Edmonds waterfront in a very long time.. We used to take the kids to the little beach to play in the sand and have a little ice cream treat while watching the ferries sail in and out. Maybe we will take the grandkids there this summer.

      Delete
  4. Idyllic photos of the tulip fields. Those wonderful displays remind me of the festivals that are held in Holland. I would love to visit the Netherlands again. Tulips are local daughter's favourite flower and I'm thankful I can gift her a bunch from time-to-time. I enjoyed seeing the blossom in your back yard. Love, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord willing, I would love to visit The Netherlands one day. I have no doubt the tulips would be amazing there.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They really do lift the spirit, don't they.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Beautiful! So many wonderful colors, glad you got to enjoy them. Would love to visit Holland someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so beautiful! If you missed the peak of the blooms, I certainly couldn't tell.

    ReplyDelete