Saturday, March 25, 2023

Family Joys

 The beginning of this year started out a little rough with my mother's illness, as well as some concern over my daughter in law's health during the final few weeks of her pregnancy.  Added to that I was battling an infection after a minor surgery on my leg that wouldn't heal.   However, God  is faithful in the big and the small, and as always, he has seen us through.

Now that my mom is pretty much back to normal we took her on an outing after church one blustery wet day a few weeks ago.  No matter what the weather, it's always fun to head over to the Mukulteo Lighthouse Park.


 We treated Mom to lunch at Ivar's Fish Restaurant right on the waterfront overlooking The Sound.  While it wasn't as clear as it would be on a warm summer day, we were still able to watch the ferries coming and going as we dined on fish and chips and clam chowder. 






Once we had Mom safely settled back in the car, The Inspector and I went for a quick walk around the Lighthouse.



It's wonderful to see this historic building so well cared for, no matter the time of year or weather.




There was a young man feeding the seagulls.



This photo made me think of the old Alfred Hitchcock film "The Birds"! That movie scared me to death when I was a kid! (shudder!)


It was just so nice to be able to see my mom feeling so much better and enjoying the day with us.  A few weeks later our daughter in law delivered a beautiful baby boy two weeks early, but strong and healthy.



He is already a tremendous blessing and joy to us all!


 

Now Spring is starting to show her head and little spots of color are popping out everywhere.





We are looking forward to the joys of Easter followed by a visit to Georgia to see our daughter.  I have such an intense feeling of gratitude for all the trials as well as blessings of this life, for without both I don't think we can truly understand and appreciate all that God does for us each and every day.  Eucharisteo! And may God bless you.

Adieu!

6 comments:

  1. Many congratulations to all concerned on the birth of your grandson, what a cutie. I'm so pleased to hear that you're mom is now well on the mend, I'm sure she'll feel all the better for getting out and about a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's good to see the family all back to good health.

      Delete
  2. So good to read that your new grandson arrived and that your daughter in law is fine. I'm sure your mom really enjoyed the outing with you. I know those scenes well. More times than I could count we waited in that ferry line for Whidbey Island to go to our Bible camp and just to explore the island. Thankful with you all that God brought you through these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. One of our favorite outings when the kids were small was to take that ferry over to Whidbey Island for the day.

      Delete
  3. So glad you all are doing well now! A very nice outing and wonderful about your new grandchild!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes our new grandson is a sweet little guy.

    ReplyDelete