Monday, July 25, 2022

Lavender and Strawberries

 Some of the best moments of summer can be found in a visit to one of the local farms.  I recently learned of a nearby lavender farm just a few miles from my home.  So I scooped up my mom and my cousin, who was still visiting and we took off to check it out.  We were about a week too early to be able to experience the full blooms, but the sights, sounds and scents were still heavenly!


 





 











The farm distills its own essential oils which are then used in some of the products that are sold in their little gift shop.





There are so many wonderful benefits from lavender.  Too many to count so we will save that topic for another time.

 

Our lovely tour of the farm was over but I knew that my favorite berry farm wasn't too far away.  Naturally, we had to stop by.

 

Strawberries in the front. Raspberries in the back. We could have gone out into the fields to pick our own, but I elected to just choose  a flat that was all ready to go.



Who can resist a ripe red strawberry fresh from the farm!


 

 

I went home and made a fresh pie that very afternoon! Yum! It's one of the best tastes of summer!

 


Lavender and strawberries! A divine and delicious combination, as well as a lovely summer memory.


 Adieu!


 





 

 


10 comments:

  1. Very lovely combination. And a nice day out, even if the lavender wasn't at its peak yet. I bet those strawberries are very tasty, not like we get in the grocery store these days. Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truthfully, with the late season due to all the rain the berries were not quite as sweet as usual. Having said that, they still made a very delicious pie! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that these farms are close enough to get to easily and enjoy. Those strawberries look amazing. Makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of the local farms are starting to disappear as more people move into the county. Even so, we are still blessed to have many opportunities to find local produce in the area. The taste of fresh strawberries is one we look forward to every year as summer approaches

      Delete
  4. What a pleasant trip out to see the lavender growing in the fields! Strawberries are delicious especially gathered straight from the field or farm shop. We enjoyed the few we grow at home. Lavender is one of my favourite flowers. We have English lavender bushes in our garden. The flower heads are fully in flower and the bees love them. We have honey bees and bumble bees. We also enjoy the local honey produced by friends who keep bee hives on their land. Thank you for your comment left on my last blog post and for your prayers for my husband's back problem. Remembering you and your family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Linda. I recently planted some lavender in my garden and am looking forward to seeing it bloom next year. How lovely to have access to fresh honey from your friends. I used to love going to the farmers market to pick up fresh baked whole grain bread and raw honey. I would toast it for breakfast and with the honey it was pure ambrosia! Continued prayers for Mr. P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day you had. I can smell the lavendar from here. I would love to be able to visit something like that. My daughter went to lavendar farm once in her travels and said it was great. Plus, you had quality time with your Mom and Cousin, what a bonus that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy, Yes! It was a very lovely day.!

    ReplyDelete