Monday, January 31, 2022

January

 Here we are on the last day of the January.  Where did it go?!  Looking back it has been a pretty wild and emotional ride.  Like everyone else in the state we woke up to snow the day after Christmas.  It was beautiful!  It also meant we were snowed in for several days.






 Once the snow melted I went in for a Moh's surgery to remove a basil cell from my face. One of those times when I was grateful that wearing a face mask is the norm around here. Lol!  A few days later I started getting headache's and tingling in my back, face, hands and legs.  My doctor put me on immediate stroke protocol and sent me in for a brain MRI.  Those few days were extremely scary and stressful.  I am so happy and thankful to say all looked well and most of the symptoms have subsided, although I still get some occasional tingling and am keeping watch for any new symptoms.  I have been wearing a heart monitor for a few days to be sure everything is going okay with the heart ablation I had in November.  So far, so good!

The next weekend we took our 14 month grandson for three days while our daughter flew to Georgia to go house hunting.  Her husband accepted a job with an international company based outside of Atlanta and they will be moving in a few weeks.  It was fun having our little guy, but stressful as I was still recovering and he is a very busy little boy!



The only time he ever stopped was when he was sleeping!




Every moment was a treasure though, as we won't be seeing him in person very often after this.  

Five days after our grandson went home, our two granddaughters came to spend five nights with us while their parents flew to Texas to go house hunting too.  Yes, they too were thinking of moving out of the state!  The girls are always a joy to have.


Even so, we were pretty tired by end of each day! Is it time to go to bed yet?


I was so sad thinking of all my grandchildren growing up somewhere else.  I am happy and grateful to say that my son and family have decided not to move at this time. The girls will be here and continue to be a part of our lives. Amen!  We hope to now plan to spend part of each year in Georgia so we can stay connected to our daughter's family and especially our grandson.

The second half of the month has been a little less stressful.  I spent some time at a friend's by the lake.




I have slowly been getting the house back in order after the holiday seasons.  





I am relishing these few days of quiet.  My daughter's family is moving out of their duplex the end of the week and will be staying with us until their house closes in mid February.  Her husband will go ahead to meet the furniture, and then we are flying back to Georgia together with our daughter and grandson to help her get settled into her new home.

It's been a crazy and emotional roller coaster couple of months but, God is with us and goes before us and we are resting in that.

A belated Happy New Year to all of you and may God bless you richly in this year ahead.

Adieu!



 

10 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot to process! I am glad you are ok! Do take care ❤ and I totally get that it would be hard to have your kids leave ❤ bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks be to God that you are doing better.

    I loved the picture of you taking a well earned rest. Looks like your grandchildren have given you a physical regimen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Melissa. They definitely keep us busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot going on. It's hard when our grands move far away. I hope all will settle down for you and that you will feel well. That end of the day photo of exhaustion is hilarious and accurate! :) We have friends that are moving out of Washington State and California state heading to Texas or Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think every grandparent has had days like that! We know a number of people who have migrated east as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, that is a LOT of activity and some serious worries too! Glad to read your heart issues seem to be settling down and I hope and pray the trend continues. I know you are happy about the granddaughters and their parents remaining in Washington for now! Please take good care of yourself and don't do too much when you fly off to Georgia to help out with the move. That little grandson is quite a charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sara, Yes, we are really going to miss that little guy. Lord willing there will me many trips to Georgia in our future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope all is going well as I expect that life continues to be busy with the family activities and the moving away situation. A stay time by a lake courtesy of a friend must have been a good way to relax. I hope and pray that your heart issue continues to improve. God bless, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Linda. Yes it has been very very busy with everyone scrambling to get final tasks completed before we all leave. We have really been enjoying having our daughter's family staying here with us. It's going to be pretty quiet around here once they are gone, but we are looking forward to seeing their new home and the community they are moving to.

    ReplyDelete