Sunday, February 14, 2021

Snow Day!

 Up until now we have been experiencing a relatively mild winter.  The passing days have been filled with lots of chilly rain, but the temperatures have rarely dipped below freezing.  That has all changed with a late winter snow that has been falling throughout the lowlands for the past couple of days.  It snowed much of yesterday, so we stayed inside snuggled up by the fire. We are fortunate as we only had a few inches compared to the possible 6-8 inches that was predicted. Today however, I put on my hiking shoes and wandered outside to snap a few photos.  I had hoped to walk down to the lake, but the hill was very slippery so I decided to stay up by the house.  



It was still snowing as I walked up to the side gate that takes us out into the neighborhood just north of us.  Surprisingly, while the snow has accumulated on the lawn, only small amounts have been sticking to the bushes and trees.  It must be warming up.


 






 


 There is something about walking on fresh virgin snow.  Any  imperfections are just covered under a blanket of white.  I love to listen to the sound of it crunching under my feet as the swirling flakes land on my face and hair. 




This photo reminds me of a quote I read once by Lowri Williams

"The future lies before you like a field of fallen snow

Be careful how you tread it for every step will show."

 ~~

 
Time to go inside!  As long as we are staying indoors, it has been a good opportunity to try out a new recipe, garlic and butter steak bites with assorted fingerling potatoes...Yumm!



It turned out very tasty and now that I have two in the family who are gluten free, this will make a nice addition to my list of dinner ideas.

There is not much else going on around here.  I know there are many places around the country that are much colder than we are.  May everyone be staying safe and warm on this frosty winter night!   

Adieu!

 

 


4 comments:

  1. The snow is sure pretty, but I know it's no fun to live with for long. Thanks for sharing the beauty. And my oh my, that recipe looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already changing over to rain so it should clear out pretty quickly. We should be able to drive on the roads safely by tomorrow. I would rather be down there in the sunshine by you! Hopefully, Spring will arrive early.

      Delete
  2. Love that quote about the snow. Our kids in Bothell and Lynnwood sent us lots of snow photos via text. It's always an adventure in the Puget Sound to get snow! Those potatoes and steak bites look real good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An adventure indeed. It's nice to be retired so we don't have to navigate icy roads to get to work! I loved this steak recipe. It was so quick and easy and it should be one that everyone in the family can enjoy together.

      Delete