Sunday, November 22, 2020

Washington Park

 Last week we met up with some friends and took a drive up to Washington State Park just west of Anacortes.  It sits on a peninsula near the tip of Fidalgo Island. On a clear day you can see stunning views of the Olympic Mountains and over the San Juan Islands from the walking loop that circles the park.  As you can imagine, it is a favorite spot during the summer for camping, picnicking and boating.  However, on this cold and blustery November day, we just wanted to take a drive and find a place where we could get out into the fresh air and stretch our legs.  I only had my old camera phone with me but hopefully, I captured a sense of the day.





As we walked by we saw a seagull on his perch overlooking the strait.  On our return trip an hour later he was still there.  I wonder what he was contemplating as he gazed out over the water. 

We wandered in and out between the rocky shoreline and the trees.





We saw one intrepid sailor braving the choppy waters. 

Eventually, we made our way down to the cove beach.




 


We ended our day with a late lunch at the Farmhouse Restaurant in Mount Vernon.  I loved this painting of the Farmhouse that was hanging on the wall inside the lobby area. 


 
 We were very fortunate to have been able to enjoy a quiet meal there as a few days later our governor shut all restaurants down again for the next few weeks. We are praying for those who will be facing more hardships as the holiday season approaches.  However, we are also very grateful that at least we can get outside and take in the breathtaking beauty of this magnificent place we call home.

Adieu and many blessings to all who stop by.
 
 


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and timely trip with the nice ending at the Farmhouse restaurant. Sweet photo of the two of you! Happy Thanksgiving week to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ellen, There was a big storm predicted to come in later that day, but happily it held off long enough to enjoy a full afternoon outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear cousin! I can smell the cold, fresh and fragrant air. One of the pleasures of life is to enjoy a good meal in a warm restaurant after exploring outdoors in the cold and the wind. And all that beauty! That's a wonderful photo of the two of you. Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear cousin! I can smell the cold, fresh and fragrant air. One of the pleasures of life is to enjoy a good meal in a warm restaurant after exploring outdoors in the cold and the wind. And all that beauty! That's a wonderful photo of the two of you. Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking that is was around this same last year we were exploring the beauty of San Diego together with you. Be well cousin and a blessed Thanksgiving to you and The Musician!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that looks so VERY nice and the pictures are beautiful!!! I really enjoyed seeing these, thanks so much. And I am SO GLAD you can be out and about now, when a couple of years ago that was much more difficult for you!!! I agree, we must keep praying for those impacted by this hard time and keep hoping for better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Elizabeth. Yes, I may not be going on any mountain hikes but as long as I stay on level ground I am doing very well compared to where I was. I am so grateful for all the Lord has done for me. I am praying that just as God has continued to heal me, he is also going to bring our communities to a better place as well. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see you again!! These are stunning views! I love taking these same types of landscape photos, such natural beauty. And a great photo of you guys! We try to get out for fresh air as often as we can, but sometimes the cold air makes the bones ache more, and Winter is a-comin'. But I sure love enjoying your area by proxy!! Be blessed and stay well, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Diana. We live in such a beautiful state. There is a photograph waiting to be taken around nearly every corner. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those lake pictures are beautiful to me -- it seems I can feel the fresh air through them!

    ReplyDelete