Friday, August 14, 2015

Thankful Thursday, #11

This has been a slow summer in which I have allowed the days to just drift by aimlessly and with little ambition.  While there is a time and place for that, I realize that I also haven't really stopped to say, "Thank You" in quite a while.  So here is my Thankful Thursday list, a day late and with few photos but with heartfelt gratitude.
~
1.  This morning as I was running my errands I was thinking just how grateful I am to own a good reliable car and a wonderful husband who keeps it maintained for me so I don't have to worry.  I take it very much for granted.

2.  Shopping with my mom and then having lunch together.  She is 82 years old now and how quickly these opportunities to spend quality time together could come to an end. 

3.  Walking into the yard to pick apples from my very own trees and then turning them into fresh baked apple bread. That one still amazes me.  I am looking forward to breakfast so I can have a slice with a fresh cup of coffee, decaf of course.




4.  Having time to spend just reading a good book.  I have read these three in the past two weeks.


 
5.  Here is the best thought of all, when I was going through some boxes of family stuff I came across an old church youth newsletter.  As I was looking though it I found this cinquain poem written by my older brother who died of cancer 20 years ago.  It was from when he was in high school. Having lost all three of my brothers to cancer, this for me was a confirmation of  faith.  Indeed, I am grateful that all my brothers were men of faith.  I would like to share it here.

Life is
for the Living
Yet Life is for the dead.
One lives life, then death, then life again
That's Life!


 Indeed, that is the Christian life in a nutshell and I, for one, am beyond grateful for The Savior who chooses to love me even when I forget to stop and say, Thank You..





1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet and calming post. (for some reason Blogger is telling me I already posted a comment!)....anyway, love Jane Eyre, my favorite book of all time. And I've jotted down your other book titles. Your recommendations will be good ones, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete