Thursday, August 7, 2014

Camping

We just returned from a 6 day camping trip to Taidnapam State Campground, although when I say we went camping I am probably not being quite truthful.  In my book camping usually includes things like a tent, a sleeping bag and in all probability the ground.  However, I wasn't really sleeping here.
I was sleeping...

Here


Complete with all the comforts of home.


 Including a kitchen with refrigerator, a stove, a microwave and running water, not exactly roughing it.


So I must confess that I wasn't really camping, I was RVing.  But once you get past that part the rest of it is the same, things like relaxing in the great outdoors under the trees with a good book.


Or finding wild berries nestled in the middle of a blackberry bush.





Taking walks through the woods with my husband and friends.







 Finally walking out of the darkness from the canopy above to the setting sunlight reflecting on the lake ahead.



 A perfect place for the kids to have an evening swim and the grownups to have a quiet conversation.






A perfect end to a perfect day........well not quite.




Then we met the dreaded Culicidae, 



a voracious and insatiable feeder, better know as the mosquito.  Like the serpent entering the Garden this little fellow and about a hundred million of his friends came for a visit and decided to stay for the whole week. (ouch!) So in the midst of the slapping and the scratching and spraying of repellent we lived our week of adventures and took the bad along with the good.  That's camping. Oh...I mean RVing.




















\\\\\




2 comments:

  1. Gloria, your idea of camping - RVing, is the same as my own. The tent was fine as a child, but today all the comforts of home are more appealing. :-) Your photos are beautiful, and thank you for sharing your trip with us dear cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me laugh...RVing. That's it exactly! I'm totally on the same page. :)

    ReplyDelete