Friday, March 29, 2019

Preparing for Easter

Like most everyone in the country, we have experienced a colder than normal winter with the largest snow levels in our community since 2008.  





Now change is in the air.  We are in the third week of Lent and I have been decorating the house for Easter, which is just around the corner.  It's been fun to brush away the darkness of winter and let the sunshine in.  I have lots of bunnies everywhere for my Granddaughter to enjoy.




Ooh, I think I need to iron this tablecloth!









But I haven't forgotten that "It's not about the bunny, it's about the Lamb."




The lighting here isn't very good but the picture of Christ is a print of an original painting that was painted by The Inspector's Great-Uncle in 1920 and presented to The Pope in 1939.  It still hangs in The Vatican art gallery.  

In keeping with the Lenten season, I have been trying to prepare my heart for Easter with daily readings from the Anglican Lectionary as well as other books, focusing on working on the "log in my own eye" before looking at the speck in others.  Not always easy but important.  Wishing each of you a day filled with blessing.






 

5 comments:

  1. The Easter decorations are both lovely and meaningful. I'm sure your little granddaughter will enjoy seeing them. The snow looks pretty, but it must be very cold. Does the lake freeze over? I've known our local reservoir to freeze in places during very cold winters. May you have a very peaceful holy season. xxL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Actually, the snow is gone now and the first crocus are starting to come up. But it was pretty cold. Fortunately, the lake didn't freeze. That has only happened a couple of times in the 40 years we have lived here.

      Delete
  2. Looking very festive and pretty! You can't go wrong with Luci Shaw or Jerry Bridges - those look like excellent choices. Blessings to you all this Easter, and what fun to have a little granddaughter to celebrate with! I can remember a few Easters with our own grandmother all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember coloring Easter eggs at her kitchen table and Easter egg hunts all around the yard. Fun memories.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for coming by my blog and leaving a comment, Gloria. Thinking of you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete