Friday, August 29, 2014

Clutter


When I got up this morning and looked around all I could see was clutter.

Overflowing bookcases


Dishes waiting to be put away and jars waiting to be filled with the fruit that is waiting to be canned


There is laundry waiting to be folded.  There is even other people's donated clutter waiting for me to organize.   I bet their book shelves are all neat and tidy.  These books are for the church library and need to be sorted and cataloged before I can put them on the shelves. I already took care of 3 dozen books yesterday.  These are what's left.

How does one's life get so cluttered?  Sometimes it's temporary other times it seems like a way of life.  Sometimes it seems like it rules me.  I don't always want to have someone over because I want my house to look perfect.  Unfortunately, it rarely does.


"Give me the discipline to get rid of the stuff that's not important, the freedom to savor the stuff that gives me joy,and patience not to worry about the stuff that's messy but not hurting anybody."  Vanita Hampton Wright

1 comment:

  1. Clutter can be overwhelming, but on the other hand, conquering it is very satisfying, even if it takes a while to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete