Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Apple Bread

Last night I went out to pick a few apples from our Gravenstein tree. The weather has cooled down enough to think about doing a little baking.  I have decided to bake some apple bread.






One of the secrets to baking a bread that isn't too heavy is to assemble the ingredients quickly.  So I need to have everything ready to go and as you can see even though they were the last thing I prepared it hasn't taken long at all for the apples to start to oxidize.  Those wonderful brown eggs are from a friend of my husband's who raises chickens.


First I cream the butter and sugar.  Then I add the eggs one at a time. 
 Next. Comes the flour mixture and the buttermilk.

 And finally, the apples and nuts.
 After it is poured into the baking pan it is topped with sugar and cinnamon before you bake it.


And here is the finished product, the perfect bread to have with a nice cup of tea. Yum! By the way the teapot was a gift my mother brought to me from London years ago.  If you want to try this recipe here is where  you can find it --  http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-nut-bread








2 comments:

  1. You're getting good at this! Welcome to the world of blogging . . . now family and friends will have to get accustomed to waiting for dinner while you are in the kitchen making beautiful photos of your preparations - LOL! The bread looks delicious and of course I adore that little English teapot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. I still has much to learn but I'm having fun.

      Delete