Sunday, May 10, 2020

A Spring Walk

I had my annual checkup a few days ago which got me out of the house on a drizzly spring morning.  My doctor's is just a a couple of blocks from this lovely neighborhood in the town of Snohomish and as I was driving through I decided to stop and take a short walk to enjoy all the garden flowers.  

The sun was peeking in and out between the moving clouds and the air was heavy with the smells of a fresh morning rain.  I passed many plantings of lovely spring flowers, and garden steps leading up to front doors.  I always wanted to live in an old fashioned house with a covered front porch where I could sit and look out over the the garden. 









Doesn't this look like a perfect place to sit quietly for a while?


I think though that it is all the different shades of green and the textures of the leaves that I find the most tranquil and refreshing.











 

 I would have liked to walk for a little longer but the light intermittent sprinkles were starting to become an earnest rain and so it was time to go home.  Many people I know think Summer is the best time of the year but no dry and dusty green for me.  It's the delicate colors of spring and the vividness of autumn that touch my heart and make it sing!


Morning Bible Verses | Powerful Messages To Start The Day
 May the Lord bless and keep all who stop by this week.
Adieu!


13 comments:

  1. There are some beautiful houses and gardens in the area where you went for your doctor's appointment. The brick houses and surrounding gardens look English in style. I do like the one painted in grey and white with a porch. That's the style I have in my mind's eye when I think of American properties. The Spring greenery is a calming sight. I hope all is well with you and your family. Here we continue in the same way and don't think much will change for us in our age group due to shielding measures in place that will go on for many months. I'm looking forward to getting out for more short walks when the weather is good. Every blessing, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, being able to get out and walk is truly a comfort to the soul, especially at this time. Blessings to you Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer Spring and Fall compared to Summer. I'm not a fan of heat. This was a beautiful area to enjoy. Lovely homes and gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a real joy to be able to get out and experience the beauty in all our surrounding communities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful neighborhood to walk in, in the green and flower springtime! Your pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for stopping by to say hello.

      Delete
  6. Is that your garden? I do like that though I think I could do with out the horse chestnut, the pollen on that give my wife hay-fever. Beautiful neighbourhood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for stopping by. No this is not my garden. This beautiful neighborhood is in the next town over from where my home is. It always a enjoyable location for a walk.

      Delete
  7. so beautiful!!! I love those places too... where I live (in walking distance) it's not so beautiful... but we just have to be thankful for what we do have, right?! I am glad you had this nice outing while on errands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. I hope you are doing well and getting some opportunities to get outside in the fresh air during this time of isolation.

      Delete
  8. Nice finding you blog . Loved the picture . Take care and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful scenes, so much lovely green of all shades, beautiful big shade trees, and pretty blooms. So glad you decided to take a little walk that day! I do love those old houses with the amazing porches. Some of them may be ones my sister and I toured one winter when everything was covered with snow! I always wanted a big wrap-around old-fashioned porch, and a rocking chair to sit in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! It may have been the neighborhood you toured or that may the the historic area just a short distance from here. It's all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete