Saturday, May 19, 2018

A Beautiful Quilt

I recently had a friend who is very dear to my heart stop by for a visit.  She brought me the gift of a beautiful quilt she had made for me.  Guess she had checked in with my mom to see what some of my favorite colors are.  I cried when I opened it, thinking of how many hours she spent making something so lovely just for me.






She lined the back with a soft fluffy material that makes it not just beautiful but so warm and cozy.  I am going to love snuggling up with this.




It has been quilted with this beautiful heart design that will always remind me that I have received a true gift of love from the heart.  




 God continues to show me day after day how much he loves me through my family and friends.

And for those of you who have been praying for me I want you to know that I am doing well.  I can now stand on my own and am walking with a walker.  I hope to soon be able to move to a cane.  The journey to recovery is long and hard but God is faithful. 


 May he bless you exceedingly.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! I'm glad to know you are doing okay. You look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Sara. I am starting to feel better and I have more energy. Being able to get out of the house a bit now really helps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special gift, and quilted in hearts! Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, It is a special gift and I will treasure it always for the love that it represents.

      Delete
  4. That is wonderful news that you are improving! What a beautiful quilt your made you with heart quilting. Very special and I know you will enjoy it. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nancy. I am so happy to be able to get out and enjoy the Spring sunshine and I love my new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful quilt. The hearts are such a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete