Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Thankful Thursday - 13









Eucharisteo "In everything be giving thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 



 My word of purpose for this year is Nurture.  I want to nurture my friendships, nurture my body and nurture my soul.  I am seeking "eucharisteo," thanksgiving, grace, joy, not always mourning the past or worrying about the future but living in the now, the gift of today, this very moment.  

I have started reading a wonderful book by Ann Voskamp called One Thousand Gifts.  There are probably those of you who have already read it and I am late to the party, but for me it was a new read and a call to arms to to be truly living the abundant life Christ came to give us.  

I started my own list of one thousand gifts this week.  While I have only written 16 things so far, already I find myself looking around and looking for God's hand, recognizing God's hand. and not just superficially seeing, but truly seeing God's hand moving in everything.  Some are things I have noticed and commented on before.  How can one not when living in a place as beautiful as this?  But I hope to go deeper into Thanksgiving this year and so here is my Thankful Thursday list for this week.


1.  The sound of my husband's breathing as he sleeps beside me each night.

2.  A warm meal shared with friends.

3.  Frost sparkling on bricks like glitter in the sunshine.

4.  A rainbow in the sky at the end of a cold and stormy afternoon.

5.  The sunset casting pink shadows on the snow covered mountains.

6.  Feeling the warm floor under my feet as I stand in front of the fireplace.




"And on the night in which he was betrayed, he gave thanks...."

Thanksgiving, grace, joy... Eucharisteo

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read that book yet, but I just jotted down the title. I love how your list is sounding so far. I think there are many small blessings that we tend to overlook because we're usually thanking God for the bigger things. I love what you're working on and I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this book was mentioned by a dear blogger who doesn't blog any more. I miss her wise words, inspiring photos and Bible texts that often spoke to me personally. 'Nurturing' is a good word to reflect upon and incorporate into our lives. A lovely, thoughtful post today, Gloriade.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a wonderful book indeed. I've read it twice, just a few years ago. For a long time I ignored it after it first came out and became a 'big hit' in the Christian world, but once I decided to pay attention to it, I was tremendously blessed. Eucharisteo is what it's all about, in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I will be returning to this book again and again.

      Delete
  4. I've read it twice, once when it first came out and I wasn't sure of it, and later on...maybe last year, and it really blessed me. Sweet book. Guess you have to be in the right place in your head for it. Glad you're enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete