Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy 2016

Goodness!  It's already five days into the new year!  Belated good wishes to everyone.  After all the business of of the past two months I am having a hard time getting settled back into a routine. It always takes me a while to switch gears.  

I have been trying to decide what my word for the year should be.  Last year it was Balance, working on keeping perspective and balance between the joy and sorrow of a very difficult year.  Even, as we turn the page into a new year I realize that that balancing act is an ongoing part of living that is always with us.  It's just that sometimes events make it more obvious.

Those who know me well know that I am more of an introvert, content to spend hours in book, daydreaming while I should be doing the dishes, happy with my own company.  I do like people and I have some truly wonderful friends but I am lazy and I often don't take the time to nurture those friendships the way I should.  This year I want to take more time to reach out and spend time away from my books and my daydreams to be a little more in the real world, to be with and to be there for friends and family.  Is there one word to explain that?  I am not sure.  I am still thinking on it.  Suggestions?

Meanwhile, I would just like to pray for each of you who are reading this:

Heavenly Father, Thank you for the gift of life.  Thank you for each of those who are reading this now.  Thank you for the friends you have given to me both here on-line and those who surround me everyday.  Be with each one through the days to come, through the joys, the sorrows, the pains and the triumphs that this year will bring.   Give each one a measure of your wonderful grace.  I pray each one will be given a year filled with many many blessings.  In your most gracious name I pray. Amen

I appreciate each and every one of you and the comments you have shared over the past year and I am looking forward to the year ahead.  Now I will leave you with this lovely photo of the mountains and this neighboring lake shared by a friend just a few days ago.  I never stop being grateful for the natural beauty of this place I call home.  

Happy 2016!

 https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12369164_10207889771549401_4593744608080290833_n.jpg?oh=be51306028c545ec5bf6e625a5dce25d&oe=56FF8DEB





8 comments:

  1. It is true you live in a place of stunning beauty! Perhaps "nurture" is the word you want, and I see you have already used it to describe what you hope to aim for this year. Or in a broader sense, it could be "mindfulness," being fully present. Something I am also hoping to grow into being this year. Thank you for the blessing of your prayer, and may it return to you a hundred-fold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara. Another suggestion was communion which is another good choice. I really like all these words but if I were to choose I think the word nurture is closest to what I am thinking for this year. And may we both be more mindful of those around us and the choices we make this year.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your prayer. May you know the Lord's grace in your life and that of your family in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet prayer. This week has been tiresome, so I needed to hear your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Melissa, I hope that as the week goes on it will get better for you.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for praying for me and all who read your blog. After having family around for Christmas sometimes it is a let down after to be without them. I hope you have a wonderful year. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Nancy, Yes, we do enjoy having our families around don't we? I hope you will be able to see everyone again very soon.

    ReplyDelete