Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thankful Thursday #8

1.  I was dozing on the sofa on Friday night after a long and tiring week when the phone suddenly rang.  When my husband answered, it was our number one son and his wife calling to ask if we wanted to join them for dinner at the local Mexican restaurant.  When we arrived we discovered he had called both his siblings as well.  After dinner everyone came back to the house for a couple of hours of just hanging out and having conversation.  It's such a blessing when your children want to be,  not just your kids, but your friends as well.

2.  Finding time to start crocheting a new baby afghan for my niece's first baby expected in a few months.   Amateur that I am, it may take me that long to get it done!

3.  Enjoying spring weather in January.  Normally this would be the rainy season and some years we even get some snow but this year we have been basking in some lovely sunshine and April temperatures.

4.  A wonderful husband who does laundry.  So nice to come home from work to find it all done.

5. The comfort of a pet sleeping on your lap.  There is something really relaxing about having a kitty quietly purring on your lap. I don't really own a pet of my own anymore.  My son brought his cat when he returned home  and I take care of my mother's cat Molly whenever she is out of town.  Molly isn't what you would call a "lap cat"and whenever you reach for her she is gone in a flash, but at the end of the day when we are beginning to settle back in our easy chairs for the evening she will jump onto my lap for long snooze.  It's nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment