Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thankful Thursday #6

Between Christmas, New Year's Day, and an out-of-state trip there has been much to be thankful for over the past few weeks.

1. I am grateful for people who remain professional and courteous in airports when passengers are anxious and frustrated.  When our plane wasn't able to fly due to mechanical problems there were people ready to help get us booked onto another plane, provide hotel accommodations so we wouldn't have to spend the night in an airport and see that our luggage arrived at it's final destination and all with a friendly smile.  When you think that there were over a hundred people to be accommodated my hat is off to them all for their patience.

2.I am grateful for northwest sunshine and temperatures in the 30's and 40's.  After spending a week in the mid-west where a day with a high of 20 degrees seemed positively balmy compared to the below 0 temps of the day before I will never complain about Northwest winters again.

Here is the Investigator shivering in 3 degree temperatures in front of my brother's house.


3. I am grateful for being able to spend some really quality time with my brother and his family.

We ate lots of holiday goodies


Played games



Watched football games and just generally hung out together







As my niece said, it was a time of bliss.

I have always enjoyed spending time with my brother and his family but this trip will hold a special place in my heart.  Remembering the goodness of God in allowing us this time together.   Thanks be to God.


4 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos, and everyone cooperated! You're blessed, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures - good times. The Investigator needed his hat and a scarf when outside! And I sure can see the Talbot genes in your brother. - Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much to be thankful for. Wow, below zero temps! I can't even imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family time is precious. Every blessing to you and your family. Linda :)

    ReplyDelete