Friday, November 26, 2021

Thankful Thursday

It's been a number of years since I have written a Thankful Thursday Post.  However with this being Thanksgiving Day, it seemed a good time to stop and think about all the little things that have made this such a lovely autumn.

1.  I am in recovery from a heart ablation that was performed last week after spending some time in the emergency room for afib a few weeks earlier.  Still a little weak-kneed but getting stronger everyday.  All my family is out of town celebrating Thanksgiving in other places this year which has made it possible for me to just relax and recover.  Good health is always something to be thankful for.

2.  The heavenly scent of fresh flowers, a gift of color and beauty from a friend.

3.  A brisk fall morning in the park.


4.  A bowl of delicious home-made soup to warm up the heart on a chilly afternoon.


 

5.  Precious time spent celebrating with grandchildren.  It's possible some of my children may be moving out of state in the next few months so I will take every moment I can get.



 




6.  The joy of sharing a Thanksgiving Day feast with special life long  friends.

 

 



For each treasured moment imprinted on my heart I give thanks to you Lord/!


 Adieu!







 

7 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that you are making a good recovery from your recent medical procedure dear Gloria. May the Lord bless you richly because of his goodness in the days ahead. May he continue to bless your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda for your kind thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet photos. I'm happy to read your ablation therapy went well. My sister had that done several years ago and is happy with the results. Fall looks good on the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ellen. I am hopeful for a good long term outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is lovely. What a wonderful place to rest.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you Melissa. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete