Tuesday, July 28, 2020

A Walk in the Park

The Inspector and I have been spending the past week in isolation as we both have been battling some rather nasty colds which have included sore throats, heavy coughs and stuffy noses.  In this world of COVID fears, naturally we have been making sure that we have stayed well away from other folks.  We are both feeling a lot better and so decided we needed to get out of the house and get a much needed change of scenery and some fresh air.   On Friday we went exploring out into the southeast part of the county and found this lovely county park  well away from people that we have not discovered before.












I found the perfect tree for a tree house! 




If I were a few years younger (well maybe more like fifty, LOL!), you might have found me straddling that branch with one of my brothers.  






 When we got home I noticed this little family taking a rest near the apple tree.  Aren't they sweet? Their mama has been bringing them around quite a bit lately.  They were certainly as curious about me as I was of them.   Looking at these guys reminds me I recently picked up an old copy of the original children's story of Bambi by Felix Salten.  I find it relaxing to spend a quiet summer afternoon occasionally rereading a classic children's story.  They are quite different from the Disney versions and much more interesting.  I know that many of you will agree there are few things more satisfying than reading a good book.




“Oh, for a nook and a storybook. With tales both new and old. For a jolly good book whereon to look. Is better to me than gold.”— Old English Song.


Adieu!



10 comments:

  1. Looks like you found a gem of a park. The photos are so refreshing. Sweet visitors cooling off in the shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really nice park. Growing up in the suburbs I never thought I would ever live where I would have wildlife sleeping in my own back yard. It's fun to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL park and pictures! That is the perfect tree!!! I am so sorry you both were unwell and hope you are fully better soon 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! Yes, We are blessed to have many lovely areas where we can go to enjoy the outdoors.

      Delete
  4. What an absolutely beautiful park! I would not have wanted to leave. And how fun to have wildlife visiting your own backyard! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by Diana. Nice to meet you! Yes, we love having the deer coming by for a visit. Although sometimes it's a mixed blessing as they love to eat my flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely park . . . big green trees, a river, a bridge, a distant view of mountains! Sorry to hear you were both sick, but it sounds like you've recovered fairly well. These days one cannot be too careful. The deer look so delicate and sweet. I can't imagine having deer show up in my yard. But we do get the occasional "fragrant" skunk - hahaha. Lots of lizards, ground squirrels, birds, bees and butterflies. I also saw a coyote a few weeks ago while I was walking around the neighborhood. Kind of put me off walking for a while. But enough about that. It's always wonderful to see your photos of the beautiful PNW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sara, I still have a stuffy nose and a bit of a cough but my better half is completely back to normal. I do enjoy all the wildlife, not just the deer but bunnies, raccoons, squirrels, the occasional eagle flying over...no skunks though, I am happy to say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how beautiful the spot you found, and so glad for your good health returned!! Magnificent skies, clear water and green pastures!! I would like to dance and praise there in the beautiful open spaces:)(smile mark:))
    And what a special treat to see the deer on your return.
    So sweet that you took out the storybooks, your whole post is like a storybook scene that God opened up like the pages of His book for you to rest and delight in!! Blessings and Love♡

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I can picture you dancing there in praise to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete