Friday, March 30, 2018

A Picture Frame of Blessings



I was wheeling myself into the kitchen a couple of days ago when I looked up at the table and noticed this lovely scene.  It made me think of a perfectly framed picture of the blessings I have been receiving during my time of recovery.



 A vase filled with lovely yellow flowers brought by a friend who stopped by to spend the morning with me.



 A basket that was filled a few days before with a delicious meal of hot soup, fresh cornbread and love.  A beautiful devotional book too.





 The 1928 version of The Book of Common Prayer, a wonderful and thoughtful gift sent to me by my cousin who remembers my Anglican roots.




A gift of beauty for the eyes.
A gift lovingly prepared to nourish the body.
A gift of prayer to nourish the soul.
Eucharisteo
Amen

2 comments:

  1. What lovely gifts you received from kind friends. I hope your recovery is going well. Have a blessed Easter. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What thoughtful friends you do have. The flowers are beautiful. Have a blessed Easter. Nancy

    ReplyDelete