Saturday, December 9, 2017

Festival of Trees at Tulalip



Last week The Investigator and I attended the open house for the annual Festival of Trees at the Tulalip Resort in Marysville.  Every year local groups decorate wreaths and trees which are then put on display. Every tree has it's own theme.  All the proceeds from the week long event go to help support the Providence Hospital Children's Fund.  I was very excited as this was the first time we had ever been able to go.  Retirement does have its perks.  Everything was so beautifully decorated I just had to share.






Naturally, with red being one of my favorite colors I headed straight for this tree all decorated in Cranberry.




Of course, there were other colors too.










 I'm not into the comic book theme but my boys would have liked this one.



I would have definitely chosen this one for my baby granddaughter.  She loves giraffes.



This one though was my favorite, drawn back to traditional red. I loved the old fashioned feel of it too.





Everything around the resort was beautiful as well. 










 Looking forward to more celebrations ahead.  We will be decorating our own Christmas tree this afternoon and looking forward to the Festival of Lights up at Warm Beach this evening.  I hope each of you are having opportunities to celebrate as this wonderful season of Advent and Christmas continues.




8 comments:

  1. So pretty! It would be hard to choose a favorite one! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be hard to choose, but if it's red and gold or silver then I'm all in.

      Delete
  2. All very pretty. Thanks for posting. Merry Christmas to you all! Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! Merry Christmas to you too. Hopefully we will see you soon.

      Delete
  3. All those trees! You certainly saw lots of lovely ornaments and trees, and some very different ones as well, and thank you for sharing. I still like the traditional red and green best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always liked the traditional colors the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a joy when you and your husband can go out together for the day or take a short break away. The festival in aid of the children's hospital fund looks like a good one. The trees are beautifully decorated. I too love the traditional red and green theme and also the poinsettias on display.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda, Yes, I love poinsettias too. They are so vibrant and colorful and add so much life into the scene.

    ReplyDelete