Friday, October 27, 2017

Autumn Decorating

Another week has passed and I am looking out the window to  lovely blue skies.  As I gaze out from my deck I can see the Dogwood is now covered in leaves of gold, but the blustery cold winds and rain from earlier days have stripped the maple of all its leafy color.  The Inspector has covered the bench to protect it from the winter rains ahead. No more sitting under the trees until next spring.   The yard is slowly being put to bed.



 Even though the leaves are falling outside, that hasn't stopped me from bringing the joy of autumn color into the house.  My husband rolls his eyes a bit when I start bringing out all the boxes, but I do love to decorate.












 











 
But then I have been blessed to have such  lovely rooms in which to do it.  Who would have thought that this old rambler, filled with spiders and mice when we moved in 31 years ago would eventually become this wonderful gem we call home?  It took us many years to get to this point, but God was and God is good.

Next time I decorate it will be the Advent and Christmas season, but I'm glad I still have another month  and the Thanksgiving Holiday in which to enjoy the colors of fall.  Blessings to you and yours.
 







8 comments:

  1. Your dining room is gorgeous in its autumnal decor! Love the new floor too. I think the world would be a sadder place without pumpkins! I just love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Removing the carpet and putting in the wood floors really gave that room so much warmth and depth. The colors are the perfect backdrop for fall colors. I love it.

      Delete
  2. Your decorations look pretty and bring a lot of tall color into your home! It is time to be getting ready for colder weather here also. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Nancy. I am going to miss the warm summer months but it's always nice to snuggle in too.

      Delete
  3. You've done a wonderful job of decorating. Such warm colors -- I love Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The holidays are always the best but as far as the seasons go, fall is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting it is to see how people in different environments live. We don't experience Fall colours or cold weather so we don't decorate for the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having four different seasons is one of the things I enjoy the most about living in the Northwest

      Delete