Wednesday, September 6, 2017

A World of Color - Summer in Red

"The World is a carousel of color, wonderful, wonderful color."  That's what Disney used to say. The Bible says "Blessed are your eyes because they see."  (Matthew 13:16) To see the world in color is such a gift.  Everyone has a favorite color, right?    I can never make up my mind which color is mine, but I do like the color red.  It seemed like I noticed it everywhere this summer.


Greeting me by my front door. 

 

In ripe raspberries from a garden pot.


Or fresh homemade strawberry pie.




 I still see  bright red geraniums in pots everywhere.







My favorite summer hat is red.


 



And look at this cheerful red front porch I came across while walking with my cousin. It made me want to knock on the door and ask if I could sit and stay a while.

 
 



We also saw this big red house peeking through the trees. 

 

When we went around the corner we discovered it was much bigger than we thought.




Love this old red door beckoning us to walk through and the explore the garden path beyond.


And who can resist eating lunch under a bright red umbrella on a warm summer day?





Or sitting in a red chair by the side of the lake?


And here are the first red leaves on the maple tree reminding us that the days of summer are coming to a close.

 

So often we don't take the time to notice or enjoy all the beautiful colors that surround us every day.  What if we each took the time to focus on just one color each day?  What color would you choose?





11 comments:

  1. Superbe sélection ! Le rouge attire tous les regards !

    A french girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Translate: Great selection! The red attracts all eyes!

    Thank you for stopping by Marin, Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, cheerful set of photos. The porch looks the perfect place to sit and watch the world go by. I don't know why generously-sized porches like this aren't popular architectural structures in British houses. We would be able to be outside even when it's raining!
    If I were looking for one colour I might choose blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for stopping by. Yes, blue is a very lovely color and so restful.

      Delete
  4. My favorite color to wear is pink! But I like light blue for things. I like red also and I love pink flowers but this year mixed in some red and like that also!!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it wonderful that there are so many lovely colors to choose from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes. Red always makes me happy. And love the hat and porch the most!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing hats. Wish they were more in vogue. Having a front porch like that was always a dream of mine but I do love the view from my back deck.

      Delete
  7. You've almost convinced me that red is my favorite color too! Those are great pics! I love the porch steps in red. Our house is a reddish/brown color and I still love it as much as the day we began changing the siding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like red. However, I'm not sure I truly have a favorite color. Tomorrow I could be just as enchanted by yellow or purple and my bedroom is painted a soft green.

      Delete
  8. Hello Gloria, it's uplifting to walk around a neighbourhood and look closely at the beauty around us. The colour red certainly stands out and I especially like red geraniums. They remind me of the Mediterranean. If I had to pick some colours in nature that I like they would be the greens of grass and trees and the blues of the sea or a stretch of water when the sun is shining. We are surrounded by deciduous trees that are still green as most leaves have not turned to Autumn colours yet. It's a restful view from our back windows. Every blessing to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete