Sunday, August 6, 2017

A lesson from the Garden

These are the green beans I planted in the early days of summer.  Aren't they just the saddest little things?  Something has been chewing on them, either deer or rabbits.  The long heat wave hasn't helped either.


And yet, if you look closely you can see some little beans are starting to appear.


 A lesson and reminder that even in adversity we can still bloom and  produce fruit in our lives, especially if we keep our eyes on the Lord.



Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to 
God a sacrifice of praise.
the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.

Hebrews 13:15


4 comments:

  1. My beans don't look any better. My leaves turn tan, shrivel up and die! Poor Coco will have to have mostly bought beans this year! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they look pretty sad. I have to admire their tenacity though. Next year I will try pots on the deck where there are no critters and I can keep a closer eye on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless their little hearts. They tried. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They did! Believe it or not I even got enough for one meal..a little one. :)

    ReplyDelete