Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Rearranging

While Christmas celebrations for my Orthodox friends and family will continue until January 6, this Lutheran girl's Christmas is pretty much over.  So while I am keeping my nativity and my wise men on display until Epiphany, everything else is getting packed away.  Yesterday, the Christmas tree was the first to go.





It's always a little sad when the ornaments and lights come off the tree but everything has a season.

 The Inspector put the living room back together and even did a bit of rearranging.  I thought it looked nice but the back corner seemed a little bare.

  
 
 So I moved this plant from another corner in the room into that space, at least for the time being.


 The only trouble is that now this corner looks pretty bare, and the walls too.  I am going to have to spend some time figuring out what I want to do.  I have a little antique table in the basement that I might bring up.


 

That empty space on the walls might be a great place to add some family photos.  Especially, since we have just had a huge rearrangement in our family and in our hearts.

~~~~~~~~






 Please meet our new baby granddaughter (our first!) born on New Years Eve.



She's a beautiful and perfect gift from God

2 1/2 hours old



Our oldest son and his new family

  
We are feeling very, very blessed. 

14 comments:

  1. Yes, some Orthodox are on the 'new' calendar as it were and are in the 12 days of Christmas while others, myself included, are still anticipating Christmas! Many years to this new grandbaby!!! how very very exciting!!! I love your home and think that tree looks nice there! And the table you mentioned sounds like just the ticket (or should I saw looks like!) :))) Blessed rest of the 12 days of Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. I didn't know or pay much attention to Orthodoxy until two of my cousins converted in the past couple of years. I don't see myself ever changing but I do find it all quite beautiful and uplifting. Thank you for your kind wishes for our new granddaughter and may your upcoming Christmas celebration be a blessed day.

      Delete
  2. Just came across your blog... Congratulations on becoming a Grandma! How special is that!? Your pics say it all! I am looking forward to the same later this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I am already loving being a grandmother and I know that you will too.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! She is adorable!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweet thing. Your rearranging looks wonderful, very cozy. But your new granddaughter is so perfect. Beautiful little one. And your daughter in law looks so sweet. Not like she just had a baby! Love new momma faces. Congratulations all around. Now...what's her name? Anxious to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. She is perfect and her mom and dad are going to be wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, congratulations on your now official grandparent status - what a beautiful baby! I know what you mean about it being a little sad to take down the Christmas decor, though, on the other hand, it is also a little exciting to get things ready for the new year, and rearranging the furniture is a sure way to feel like you are stepping into a fresh start, or so it always seems to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sara. She is a beauty. I have to agree that once everything is put away I do enjoy the fresh crisp feel of the rooms and the feeling of moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to the happy parents. What a blessing for you all! Thank you for sharing the photos. No doubt there will be some beautiful photos taken in the coming days to add to the family album or put up on the wall. Decorations are still up in our home until the end of Christmastide and Epiphany. Our daughter has gone home and is back at work whilst the local grandchildren are back at school or college and keeping us company in an afternoon when they are free from lessons. Have a good rest of the week whatever you're doing. I continue to remember you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Linda. It's such a blessing to see the beginning of the next generation and the family begin to grow. Thank you for your sweet prayers.

    ReplyDelete