Saturday, June 18, 2016

Musings

Last evening I was watching as a thunderstorm moved in over the lake.  I love thunderstorms, watching the sky get dark and bolts of lightning flashing across the sky followed by the rumbling crash of  thunder.  It was raining, but not that huge downpour we sometimes get with a thundercloud.  The mountains were obscured in the mist.

As I was looking out over the yard I was struck by the thought it looks just like my life feels right now, in many ways verdant green and growing yet a bit overcome by all the weeds among the flowers and a bit aged and falling apart like that old fence which was damaged by the winter storms this year.  I feel pulled in many different directions at the moment as change seems to be coming at us from all different directions not unlike a storm that suddenly blows in over a quiet summer afternoon.  And like a storm, it can bring life giving rain on the one hand and blow the petals off the flowers on the other.  Change can be a little unsettling even if it's good change, and I am a creature of habit.





After the storm was over God reminded me of his promises with this beautiful rainbow encouraging me not to feel unsure about embracing the new changes and challenges ahead for he is here and he will be there as well.





I know that I sound a bit obscure but I will be sharing more as time goes by.  Standing on the promises and looking forward with anticipation at what God has is store.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Gloriade, the word I had this morning when I woke up was 'change' and then I looked at my Blogger Reader and read your post. Change is something I can also relate to at the moment for different reasons. Thankfully we know that God has been and always will be with us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos, especially the one of the rainbow reminding us of God's promises. They encourage us. Also thank you for your messages and I will be keep in touch. Today being Sunday, Father's Day and our wedding anniversary we shall be having a quiet time before being with family later in the day. Every blessing now and in the coming days to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rainbow! It looks like change will be coming to our life soon also. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a really beautiful rainbow. I hope all your changes are good ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and words, thank you for sharing, and it's wonderful to see the gift of the rainbow promising God's continual presence and blessings and help. All prayers for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete