Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A Christmas Poem

This will be my last post until the new year and it is one that is very close to my heart.  It's not meant to be sad or melancholy but just a gentle memory shared.  I had an older brother.  He was my hero, my protector, my best friend.  And even though he has been gone for close to 20 years, I still miss him.

I recently came across a poem he wrote when he was in high school. I had forgotten that I had saved it all these years.   It's the perfect Christmas poem.  In fact, I shared it in my Christmas letter this year.  He never gave it title. I just think of it as The Christmas Poem.

So here it is, my gift to all of you in memory of my big brother and in honor and thanksgiving to our Savior and Lord.  May each of you have a joy filled Christmas.




 


The Night was dark, one star shone bright
To guide three wise men with its light
A journey long, but they were strong
For they bore gold, frankincense, and myrrh
Below the light they found a site
And there the babe for whom they'd prayed
Upon their knees the wise men sat
And gave their gifts for they were glad.
 

4 comments:

  1. Very poignant to have saved your brother's poem which touches on precious truths. Beautiful words and the last line really speaks to me about worship and gladness. Wishing you a blessed Christmas, Gloriade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Linda. I found this 20 years ago and I thought I had lost it. I was so glad and thankful to have found it again so I could share it with the family. Wishing you and your family all the joys of Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful poem. I think it's wonderful that you saved it and are still able to enjoy it so many years later. Blessings to you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dee. It's definitely near and dear to my heart. I hope our budding friendship will flourish this year. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete