Friday, April 24, 2015

Thankful Thursday #9 - On Retreat

There is nothing more soul refreshing than spending time out in God's creation on a retreat.  That is just what 24 women from our church did last weekend.   We were able to spend time in this beautiful lodge which was nestled in the woods on Ingalls Creek near Leavenworth, WA.  Surrounded by alpine forest, we enjoyed a weekend of fellowship, good food, wonderful teaching and just plain fun.I

Lodge - Front ViewThe Lodge at Ingalls Creek 

Meadows Room
Most of the ladies were in rooms like this.

I had the bottom bunk in a room like this

Nest


We took a walk along the river shortly after we arrived, soaking up the warmth of the sun, breathing in the alpine air as we listened to the rush of the river and admired the beautiful wildflowers.







We climbed to the top of the tree house that looked out over the river.





Best of all, we were in a place of quiet reflection where we could spend time with each other and with God.  I was so grateful to be able to be here in this place where I was surrounded by my sisters in The Lord.  I was enfolded in love and compassion by friends who came alongside me in my grief, cried with me, prayed with and for me and then laughed with me.  What a blessing. I came home refreshed and prayerful that God will open the doors where I can in turn be a blessing to others.

I only brought my little snapshot camera with me but if you would like to see some truly lovely photos and more of what took place at our retreat you can go to this site: http://www.graciousoffering.com/blog/2015/4/20/a-treasured-retreat  If you see the picture of the zip line, the answer is  Yes, I did try it out.  Even I can be a little adventuress from time to time.






3 comments:

  1. The lodge in the woods at Ingalls Creek looks like an ideal and idyllic place to spend time out with the Lord together with other ladies from your church. Such times of teaching and fellowship are special.

    ReplyDelete