Sunday, March 29, 2015

Palm Sunday Crafts


I don't consider myself particularly creative, so how I found myself volunteering to teach the crafts for our Children's program called Journey I don't really know.  In my defense, I thought I was going to be handed all these cute little craft kits that I would just be showing to the kids and helping them put together each week. I learned really quickly that I was on my own.  So here I am two years later still as uncreative as ever.  However, I also discovered that Pinterest was to become my new best friend and I thank God every week for all those wonderfully creative people who are willing to share their creativity with me. The kids all think I am brilliant (if they only knew), and I have had a lot of fun along the way.

So, this last week the kids were learning about the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem.  Naturally, that means palm branches and while the older kids got to learn how to make palm crosses (after I took a crash course from youtube, of course), I needed something a little more "kid friendly" for the little ones.  I came across this clever idea, palm branches made from "palms".

 


All we needed for our project was colored paper, paint stirring sticks and some glue.  So, after spending a late afternoon after work die cutting 450 little green hands, I was ready to go.


And here was our finished project all ready to take home.  Didn't they turn out cute? The kids loved them.



May this Palm Sunday be a blessed beginning to a blessed and Holy Week.

1 comment: