Sunday, January 11, 2015

Beginning a New Year.

Here we are and this new year has already gotten away from me just a little bit.  What kind of a year is it going to be?  I really don't know.  I know there is going to be some sorrow.  The foreshadowing of that is already upon us.  Will there be some joy as well?   Most likely.  God is always good at giving us balance when we look for it.  One of the bloggers I follow picks a word for the year.  I think if I were to pick a word for this year it would be that word "Balance", remembering that "To everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven." (Ecclesiastes 3:1)  There will be tears this year but that doesn't mean I shouldn't take time for laughter. Nor should I feel guilty when laughter comes because it is a gift from God.  So, my prayer for this year is that God will help me to maintain His balance for my life, facing those things that need to be faced without running away and yet resting in His peace and looking forward to those good things he has for me with anticipation.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment