Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Public Market

 Sunday afternoon after church we met our daughter and her husband at a local waterfront market.  It was a beautiful day and everyone was out enjoying the end of the summer sunshine.


There was so much to see in the market, from the local artisans showing showing off their wares--


Hand made wooden bowls


Glassware


Lovely floral arrangements all ready to take home and put in a vase.



 to produce from the local farmers.

I've never seen purple carrots before.


There were delicious baked breads and sweet pastries to choose from.  




I couldn't resist taking one of these home with me, strawberry, raspberry and almonds, all my favorite flavors how could I not?    I cut it in half and ate it for breakfast two mornings in a row.  Delicious!


When we finished walking around the market we stopped to enjoy the waterfront.  You will notice that we couldn't resist the caramel corn either.


As we strolled along the docks, this pair popped up next to a nearby fishing boat looking for a handout.


Which reminded us that it was time to head out for lunch. 

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are wonderful. I do most of my traveling by tagging along with my sister bloggers:) Those flowers and vegetables are beautiful! My husband and I always seek out the harbors when we visit coastal towns, or inland towns, for that matter.
    You left a comment on my blog with an idea for my old step ladder. The one that you did for your mother sounds amazing. Do you have a photo of it in any of your posts? I would love to see it:)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete