Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Lake

As I continue to share the scene from my back deck I must not forget one of the most important parts....that of course is The Lake.  From the corner of the deck we can see it although the picture has shrunk a bit over the years as others have come along and built their little bits paradise.  In the beginning I would get angry and disappointed but then I realized that I didn't want to be one of those people who thinks that "as long as I have mine, no one else can come" and so I have reconciled for the most part that I have to share. 

And besides I still get to see the Cascade Mountains rising above the rooftops.

And as I drive down the hill from the front of my property I get to gaze on this every morning on my way to work.

And the closer I get to the water.....

The more my heart sings in joy at this beautiful place I get to call home.

5 comments:

  1. May your heart sing, surrounded by beauty, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good attitude. And . . . that view looking down the hill as you leave your property is surely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon you will be delaying meals while you take photos of what's on your plate! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gloriade, It is great to meet you and wonderful to be one of your first blog visitors. I was born in Northern Indiana and came to Washington State in 1974. this is where I met my sweet husband and I have lived here ever since. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. There is nothing that I like better than to make a new friend. I wish that I could have had a pot of tea and cookies to offer you and that we could have sat on the front porch and had a proper visit :) Do come again and just maybe you will decide to follow.
    Let me know when you have a gadget to hit and follow your blog. I would love to tag along on your blogging journey:)
    Have a lovely day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete